D-Chain - Twenty Miles Apart D-Chain - Twenty Miles Apart

I hope you finish this. I mean you really don't have to. I know when I click a track of yours I'm going to hear something of quality.

It usually motivates me to get better, even though I don't particularly produce this style. But I dig progressive, but this sounds like the more housier side of progressive trance (the kind that blurs the line between prog house and prog trance, so I just call it prog)

D-Chain responds:

i will finish this one. there are no excuses if i dont..
but im not sure when this one will be done.
And thanks for the kind words :D

Yes i would call this Prog too, its a define line between the house and trance progressive genre's ;)
Thanks again!

TIGER M - TigerMvintage - Slugger TIGER M - TigerMvintage - Slugger

Quality, not quantity.

7 EDM Genres Attempt 7 EDM Genres Attempt

1 American techno doesn't sound like that. (listen to detroit techno, which is america's techno)
2 IDK what euro techno sounds like, but I thought euro techno was just trance (that's kinda what happened when that genre moved to that continent from america)
3 that's a really good example of progressive trance, you should expand it.
4 It's uplifting, but usually uplifting is a little more energetic and anthemlike.
5 what the fuck
6 I can't really comment on it, I don't listen to tropical house, as I generally think it's pretty stupid
7 If you add a rolling bass, it could be psy trance.

Fast growing Love Fast growing Love

The lack of a bassline really sells this track short.

bolisa responds:

I understand, thanks for the review!

School Shooter Chic School Shooter Chic

So, I don't know anything about metal and deathcore or what ever. So I don't have the slightest clue what's going on, or what even is supposed to be going on, But I'll list some key points just on a mixing and mastering standpoint.

You percussion is spot on. Maybe I'd turn down the kick just a little bit, because steals focus from the rest of the track, rather than drive it. It just takes over completely anytime it hits.

You bass and lower end sounds are pretty nice. Other than the whole track ducking behind your kick, they seem to fit well when it is there. Speaking of which, I think there should be more low end sub bass, to carry some of the distorted guitars that are leading the track, because they're quite hollow (Don't forget, I may not even know what I'm talking about. I don't typically listen to this genre so I don't know what it's supposed to sound like)

at 1:28 I can't tell if those are vocals or a synth or a guitar. It sounds like it could either be female vocals, or a guitar sample/sound drowned out by the dynamics of other sounds. It's pretty cool to me, but you should learn how to clean up your mixes so it's not so cluttered.

All in all, it's not too bad of a track. I don't know your experience, but I'd say take some ideas you got from this and apply it towards a new track idea. Good luck on your future tracks!

Safehouse Safehouse

This is actually fucking fire as fuck.

Literally. My computer is on fire. Fix it.

Demon-Wolf responds:

well i won't make chill house if that's what you ask

Doverwatch Doverwatch

Now I'm not hating on you, because you mixed this shit perfectly well. My only issue with the track is the fact that it's literally just voicelines places randomly with no real thought behind it (at least it doesn't seem like it.)

But people do like hearing lines from their favorite games in song form, so kudos to you. You could do work like this for a promotional video or something.

And yes I do actually play overwatch.

XTREEMMAK responds:

It was a careful choice in decision, hence why Lucio's break it down sample came at a change up. Same thing with D.Va's get owned section.

Either way, much love for the listen and glad you liked the mix! Appreciate you :D

False Gods False Gods

This thing front paged for a pretty good reason.

The artist may not know it, but this is an extremely ambient, and dark techno track. That might not what you were going for, but that's what turned out.

ELEPS - WAVESTEP (ONE TRAP) ELEPS - WAVESTEP (ONE TRAP)

This is not trance... Nor is it trap.

Plus you're clipping. everything is ducking behind itself. you should check your levels.

~Fore~ Gaia (Demo) ~Fore~ Gaia (Demo)

I take it you listen to a lot of Armin Van Buuren, specifically his Gaia alias. Unfortunately he doesn't make shit like this anymore even under that alias. I'm digging this hard. You should finish it.